Rules and Information
Signups open NOW
• Round Robin
• 3 Divisions (Rookie, Intermediate, Pro), you will be placed based on your skill level, this is to ensure fun for all participants and encourage activity
• Games are best 2 of 3 maps
• Players must use the nick they are registered with.
• All players have to be approved by an admin.
Match Procedure and Walkover:
As with all Round Robin tournament, every player must play every other player within their division (thus play everyone once). This will determine the best player of your division based on record and thus the #1 Champion.
1 Point per Map win
1 Point per Match played
(Walkovers do not receive points)
• Maps are TB5: DM2 / DM4 / DM6 / AEROWALK / ZTNDM3
• One player (doesn't matter who) will type in console: "RND <player 1 name> <player 2 name>" with the 2 competitors names in place of "player". The player who wins the random toss can either pick their map first or choose to have their opponent pick the first map.
• The second map will be chosen by the player who did not choose the first map
• If a third map is needed for a decider, it will be chosen from the 3 maps not played, each player will choose a map to "toss" out (ie: that they don't want to play) and the remaining map will be played. The person to toss will be decided via the RND command
• NO MAP MAY BE PLAYED TWICE
• In order for a match to be valid it needs to be displayed on the site. It is the winners responsibility to provide me with the Server IP and port where the match took place, as well as the Demo # so that I may retrieve it. After the match is done, type "DLIST" in console, it will display all demos on the server, the last demo to be listed will be the match you just played, the corresponding # is the one we require.
If you are one step ahead of me and have the demos, please include them in the email.
REMEMBER: Server IP:Port AND Demo #'s from the server must be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org for download, verification, and posting here on the site.
Clients and Modifications:
• ezQuake 1.9.3 stable (build 2572)
• ezQuake 2.0 Stable (and 2.0.1 Stable)
• ezQuake 2.1 Alpha build 3143 only.
• ezQuake 2.1 beta
• ezQuake 2.1 stable
• Fodquake 0.2
• FTE 3343
• Exceptions can be granted
Rulesets and Proxy
• Required ruleset (if both players agree): smackdown (ezQuake), nqr (FTE), eql (Fodquake).
To set ruleset in console, you must disconnect from the server ("Disconnect" in console), then type "ruleset smackdown" in console, followed by "Reconnect" to return to the server
• Rulesets and noscripting are strict. All games should be started with checking that all models are ok, scripts are turned off and that players use an allowed client.
• If a players disobeys the rules recording the just stated it will result in a default loss (map).
• Players are required to do f_ruleset and f_modified checks before gamestart.
• If players fail to check ruleset and modified before a match, it cannot be contested after the match
• For routing, Qizmo 2.91 is allowed, preferred method is however the new QWfwd proxy
Scripting and cheats
• movementscripts (cl_idrive must be turned off)
• custom rocketjump scripts
• Any other kind of movement scripts
• Skin changing depending on health/armour/weapon
• Custom models not allowed by f_modified
• Hacked clients (recompiled quake-executables)
• Coaching, (timing armors and other items, relaying enemy positions and giving suggestions)
Failure to follow these restrictions can result in the player being removed from the tournament
Servers and Settings:
• Must use the "1on1" standard setting provided by all KTX servers
• Timelimit: 10 minutes
• Overtime: 3 minutes if match is a draw
• Spawn mode: Either KTX/KTX2 Respawns or KTPro Spawn is to be selected
• Powerups: OFF
• FPS: A max of 77 fps is allowed.
• KFjump: Toggled OFF (command = tkfjump)
• Airstep: OFF
• Jawnmode: OFF
• Fallbunny: ON (if server allows)
Servers and Ping
• Players will agree on a mutual server that provides the closest ping for BOTH players. Both players will suggest servers to establish which is best for their match
• If you are unwilling to play on a FAIR server for you and your opponent, DON'T SIGN UP
• NO PING UPS!
Like what you see? To sign up: create an account in the bottom left corner (if you have not done so already), and then click the "Sign Up" link on the left.
Publish Date : Jan 22, 2012